2000 - Ronan Keating



13. November 2000, Point Theatre / Dublin
RONAN KEATING


13 000 people fit into the spacious venue which lies along the river Liffey. The show was sold out on this dry evening in November.

When I purchased the tickets I wasn’t sure what to expect from an ex – boyband member (Boyzone) but I was quite surprised by his first solo album: “Ronan”.

My then girlfriend bought her ticket way later than me and we had seats far apart from one another. We were trying to spend as much time together as possible and we were hanging around the stairs in front of one of the rows and we’d been asked a couple of times to finally take our seats. I explained the situation briefly to a female security officer and she offered us to sit next to the “Friends of Ronan” – and that is exactly what we did. They were quite surprised but welcoming.

Keating himself was brilliant. He was supported by a band and despite the odd Boyzone hit he played a lot of his own stuff including the smash hits: “You say it best when you say nothing at all”, “The way you make me feel” and “Life is a roller coaster”.

The concert lasted roughly two hours and was more or less the soundtrack to my own private kissing party. Although I thought I am way to old for this I enjoyed it feeling like being 15 again.

Great night out ***

Boyzone 1995

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08.04.2023 The Station, Cannock: The Devout

1991 - Kraftwerk

22.10.2021 The Station, Cannock: Tubeway Days